Come visit me at my new website!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Readathon

Stephen King once said that, "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that."

Below, I will update the books I have read during the WWRaT, June 20 - 24. Join me in reading as much as you want of whatever you want!



Day 1: June 20

It's 10 p.m. MST, midnight EST, time to start reading. I think I'll start with Facebook friend Joana James' Alana & Alyssa's Secret: Rise from the Ashes

11:30: Just finished A&A. Good story, Definitely not bed-time reading for my 5-year-old, though. One scene in the book would give the movie an R rating.

Next book: The Vampire Handbook by P.J. Jones ... Yes, I know, my Kindle collection is extremely eclectic. I love me my indie author Facebook friends. :-)


8:45 a.m. MST: Just entered my first WWRaT contest.

Rebecca at KindleFever posed this challenge:

“A wildfire is quickly coming your way! What thing/s do you grab when you only have a few minutes to make it out?”
(I’ve saved any people or pets in there already!)

 

My answer:
After kids, husband, and pets of course, and some food and water, that won’t leave a lot of room in the car–we have a dog, three cats, five fish, a hamster, and 10 chickens. Next on the list would be the Kindle and the laptop–or at least the USB stick with all my WIP files–so I wouldn’t lose any of the books I’m working on… and so I could be able to update my blog. Then if I still had time, I’d see how many of my son’s library books I could grab. I’ll definitely need to borrow books from the library after returning home and starting over. :-)

Day 2: June 21

Well, the longest day of the year is now over. The days will begin growing shorter, but the weather will be getting hotter... interesting how that happens. No matter, any weather's good reading weather.

Finished The Vampire Handbook. A must read for anyone who cannot stand sparkly vampires and neutered werewolves. Started reading Marianne Slot's Viking's Blood series. Book 1: Viking Blood 1: The Assault . It's an interesting read. I've always been a fan of historical fiction, but have never really been a fan of telling a story from the present point of view (this one is omniscient present voice). Well, off to read....

Finished Book 1 and am 33% through Book 2:Viking Blood 2: Secrets (As you might have guessed, I'm choosing shorter books so that I can finish even more). Very interested in seeing how the story progresses. There are a few typos in the ebook editions, but not enough to distract from the story, and could very easily simply be artifacts from the ebook conversion.

Don't know how much reading I'll be able to get in today... Today will be full of yard sale prep as we're selling off a bunch of stuff Friday and Saturday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment